Is there anything more annoying than a blocked sink?
Follow these steps to unclog a bathroom sink drain using a plunger:
1. Remove the plug/drain stopper from the sink.
2. Wet a flannel/rag and use it to seal up the sink overflow drain. This blocks off the air source and creates better suction.
3. Apply Vaseline/petroleum jelly to the bottom lip of the plunger.
4. Run water in the sink.
5. Place the plunger over the drain, and plunge up and down several time in quick succession.
6. Run more water in the sink, and repeat as needed.